The Gottfried von Einem Private Music Foundation was established with a Foundation Certificate on March 15th, 1995.
The Foundation’s objective is to disseminate knowledge of Prof. von Einem’s music Representation
The Foundation may be represented by two members of the Board of Directors
Dr. Thomas ANGYAN
Dr. Otto BIBA
Prof. Walter BLOVSKY (Vorsitz)
Dr. Erhard BUSEK †
Dr. Christa HOMAN
Dr. Désirée HORNEK
Lotte INGRISCH †
Prof. Erwin ORTNER
Functions and Activities of the Foundation
- Disseminate knowledge of Gottfried von Einem’s works.
- Support the scientific work being done with his legacy: collecting, ordering, and digitalizing historic recordings, principally from premieres or early performances, as well as speech and photo documents; support by organizing symposiums, exhibitions, publications, etc. with topics that relate to Gottfried von Einem.
- Support of competitions, national and international summer courses and seminars.
- From 2001 to 2004, scholarships. After the relocation of the Karajan Center to Salzburg in 2004, no further scholarships were awarded.
- Support and production of recordings of Gottfried von Einem’s music.
- Take all measures to promote the understanding of Gottfried von Einem himself, his music, and his impact as an important representative of Austrian cultural life in the second half of the 20th Century.
- Support performances which focus primarily on the works of Gottfried von Einem
Gottfried von Einem – Musik-Privatstiftung
Tel: +43 670 40 21 423
Organisation: Dr. Désirée Hornek
© Einem-Chronik: Dokumentation und Deutung & Archiv der Gesellschaft der Musikfreunde in Wien